Thursday, September 11, 2008

What a fun day!

Ok so I just have to tell you of what an interesting day I had yesterday! So I usually stay down all day & do 1 thing a day. Well I had my non-stress testing scheduled for 1pm. I figured while I was out I would make a quick stop at ULTA & another at the library to pick up a book I had reserved. I got ready & went out to the car, and I was going to be early to my test at the hospital, which since I have been pregnant I can't be on time to save my life!!!

So I put everything in the car, I had the passenger door open & reached across & put the key in the ignition to get the car started. Well there is a security mechanism on the alarm and some how I set it off! The alarm was going off non stop & was so incredibly loud. I tried everything I could to stop the alarm, to no avail! This happened once before but Kevin was home & fixed it. I called Kevin on both of his cell phones & could not reach him. I called him at the office & they tracked him down for me. I closed the garage so the neighbors wouldn't be disturbed by the alarm as much.

Basically I came to find out that the car was disabled now & I couldn't drive it. I called my girlfriend Nicki & she was able to take me to the hospital for my testing. While she was on her way over I had to figure out how to disconnect the siren for the alarm. I couldn't have Kevin walk me through it on the phone because I couldn't hear him with the alarm going off. So he told me what to do & then I was on my own! I hadn't realized until now that I had never popped the hood of a car & looked under all by myself! So I popped the hood (I did know where to find that thank goodness!) :), but then I had to find the latch to get the hood up. The alarm is screaming at me the entire time & it's echoing because I still have the garage door closed for the neighbors sake! I finally get the hood up, but I can't find the stick to prop the hood up. I found the wire I had to disconnect & I needed a screwdriver. So I set the hood down, grabbed a screwdriver & went back to the car & of course the hood re-latched so then I had to mess with it again.

I was running late at this point to I am totally flustered. When I start unscrewing the screw to release the wire, the alarm has another security feature that it screams even louder & more rapid! My ears were killing me & I can imagine what my 2 little guys were going through since they were closer to the action! I had to take the screw out completely because otherwise it still kept chirping! The alarm was still going off, lights flashing & all, but at least it was quiet now!

Nicki got to my house shortly after & we left. I got to the hospital a few minutes late, but we were good! This was only supposed to be a 20-30 minute test...yeah I should have known with the day I was having! It took the 1st nurse a while to find both heartbeats, & so she called in another nurse to find the other heartbeat. We get the heart beats on there, but the 1st nurse forgot to put on the contraction monitor! So we had to start our time over again.

One of my little guys heartbeats would disappear every time it peaked so then they had to do an ultrasound. While we were waiting for the ultrasound tech to come up they watched my contractions. I just figured I was always having braxton hicks, apparently not! So then they had to run more tests. They needed to check me to see if I was dilated & then do a test to see if I was going to go into preterm labor within the next wk or 2.

Nicki had to go get her kids, as well as Melissa's & Tammi's from school so I told her I would call her when I was finally done since I didn't know when that would be at this point!

The ultrasound techs arrived a little later & told me they would be doing a 8 point test on each baby & would take an hour! A half hour for each baby! Both babies were perfect and scored 8 out of 8. There first test and already 100%! That's my boys! :) Anyway, then after they spoke with the doctor he wanted them to give me a shot of terbutaline and monitor me for another hour, and then recheck to see if I had dilated any. I only had 1 contraction in the hour after my shot & was still not dilated so they allowed me to go home, but told me I had to come back if I had 4 contractions in a hour. I have to go back Saturday for more monitoring and then see the doctor on Monday. They put me on bed rest until I see the doc on Monday.

I called Nicki & went to wait downstairs for her. I had 1 contraction while I was waiting, then another one right after I got in the car, and a 3rd right after I got home! Needless to say I was running to bed! Kevin called our wonder neighbor Charlie & he came over right away with his son-in-law & disconnected the battery of the car so the alarm would stop!

On top of all of this I was in charge of the Mutual activity for church last night which was a big one, "Standards Night". We were playing human CLUE with around 30 teenagers! All the ladies took over & got it done. They are so awesome & I appreciate their help sooooo much! You girls are the best! I heard everything went well & the kids had fun which was the point of the whole thing!

So now I am on bed rest until further notice & have no wheels, which I guess technically I don't need right now... :) I am truly blessed to have sooooo many incredible people in my life right now! I never ask people for things because I never want to inconvenience anyone, so this was a HUGE learning & growing experience for me! No one hesitated and everyone was there for me! Heavenly Father has truly blessed me with so many incredible friends! I feel so incredibly lucky to have my husband, my 2 little miracles on the way, my little son Tigger, and especially the friends that I have out here! I don't think anyone is more blessed than I currently am!!!

4 comments:

Matt and Mandy said...

Wow, that's awful! When it rains, it pours! I guess you'll have to do a lot of blogging since you are on bedrest :)

Heather said...

you are going to have so many fun stories to tell your boys about when you were preggo with them!! =)

Jessett said...

OMG! Ashley, I think you need me to come and visit with you. I am sure you need a foot rub and a back massage.

You are in our prayers. Take it reallllllyyyyy easy.

Give my love to the family. Crazy that you will soon be a family of 4. Well, five including Tiger. Sorry little Tiger....

Anonymous said...

That was a pretty stressful day! I'm so sorry you're having these struggles right now. Please remember that lots of people love you guys and are keeping you in their prayers! Amy