Thursday, September 18, 2008

...apparently my weekly visit now...

So I have been trying to stay down & be on official "bed rest". I have been doing really well with it. Wednesday though, I thought that my water may have sprung a leak. So finally at 10:45pm I talked to Kevin & he thought I should call the hospital to see if I needed to come in. It took me all day because I didn't think this was what it could be...so I called the labor & delivery department at the hospital and told them. I spoke with the same lady that had monitored me last week and she told me I needed to come in & she would see me in a few minutes.

I had been on the phone with my girlfriend Amy and she said she was coming to get me. So at 11pm the adventure began. We went to the hospital and the nurse hooked me up to the monitors. They watched them for a while & they looked good. Then once they took my blood pressure they told me it was high, but would take it again later...well it was the same. They then tested my urine & found protein in it. So these are 2 major signs for preeclampsia, and since I am prego with twins I am at risk for preeclampsia. Not knowing much about it, I was still in shock & it hadn't set in what the risk really was. They drew blood to find out more & while we were waiting for the results, they did the exam and found that my water had not broken yet & I was still not dilated. So that was good news...

Poor Kevin was sitting at home waiting to see if he needed to hop in the car & race home. Only cure for preeclampsia is delivery. Thankfully the blood work came back and all was well! They said I was good to go! It was so good to have Amy there with me. I was going to try to go by myself, but I'm glad she came with me! I was a lot more calm having her there! I felt safer and she kept my mind occupied when I need it most!

So Amy & I arrived home at 2:30 AM!!! And I had a doctor appt at 9:30am...so it was off to bed for me! She had 3 kids that would be up in a mater of hours...not sure how she was going to pull that off! She is amazing! She was in high spirits the whole time & never once complained or made a comment! Amy you are incredible!!! :)

No comments: