Friday, September 26, 2008

35 wks...

So I started having pains on my left side on Wednesday, and was just ignoring them because I figured they were muscles stretching and stuff. Well each day the pain got worse and my sleep was becoming less and less. I couldn't lift my left leg without help, and I couldn't sleep more than an hour at a time. I woke up at 5 am Friday and was in so much pain I didn't know what to do. I found that a bath had helped the night before, so I got back in the bathtub looking for some relief. Kevin came in around 5:45 am to see how I was doing and I wasn't doing much better. The bath wasn't helping like it had the night before. So he had me call the hospital & they told me to come in. With twins they said they couldn't take any risks. Most of you know I have a VERY high tolerance for pain and I don't say anything unless its really bad. With pregnancy though, it's not just me I have to worry about! I was worried that something may be wrong with my kidney's or liver or some other organ and then toxins were starting to be released to the babies. Mainly because the pain continued to get worse and it was so much work to just get out of bed, where as the week before I could do so much more!

So we went to the hospital at 6 am and they hooked me up. They monitored me for a few hours and the boys did great, just moved around a lot and Baby B even kicked the nurse when she was trying to reposition the monitor! It was funny, she got a kick out of it! She had had triplets so she knew what I was going through! I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes and they were good size ones so I got my 3rd shot of terbutaline! I still wasn't dilated though which was good! Then they found blood in my urine so they had to test it further for possible kidney infection or kidney stone, but all turned out to be fine! They made sure they had all the info they needed so I didn't have to come back later for my non-stress testing. We left at 8:40 am only to return right across the street for our 9:40 am doctors appointment.

Our appointment went great. I measured 43 weeks. The doctors and nurses still continue to tell me how small I am for how large my little guys are! I think I must just carry them well! And they said I was doing so well and they were so happy with how far I have made it! It seemed like they expected my little ones to make an appearance before now! So I guess the perinatal doctor was right when he said I was the perfect specimen to carry twins! :) So next week we will find out whether my c-section will be done at 37 or 38 weeks!!! That's if I don't go into labor first! :)
Also, I have pics of the belly & hope to be posting them soon as I finally got a card reader to replace my one that died!

7 comments:

Candi said...

I'm so glad you posted this.I've been feeling so guilty that I haven't talked to you lately. I've been thinking about you. Tammi and I were talking about grabbing lunch and coming over for a lunch date sometime this week? Wednesday maybe? I'll text you. Hope you get some sleep, thats the worst!

Heather said...

umm missy, shouldn't you be on bedrest!! =) jk, i love reading your updates. i can't imagine what you are going through though!!

i can't believe you've kept them in there that long. i really thought they'd be here by now. pretty soon they'll be here though. so exciting and scary!!

i miss and love you guys and you are all in my prayers. give kevin a big hug for me and tell him to give you one for me too. and while you're at it, give the little ones each a kiss from auntie heather too!!

The Good Life said...

I can't wait! Good luck in the next few week. You will be great!

Johnstons said...

Ashley!!! Holy cow! I can't believe your babies are almost here!?! You have to call me when you schedule your c-section. It's AMAZING that you've kept those little ones cooking this long! I'm so proud! hee hee. Before you know it, you're going to have your boys in your arms and completely forget what life was like without them. I can't wait to kiss and love on their wrinkly little hands and feet! Awww... please call me soon! =)

Anonymous said...

Ashley and Kevin,
Congratulations on your two wonderful boys. I couldn't get you out of my mind and Lynda called today and said you had them today!October 1st right? WOW you are all in my prayers. I can't wait to see pictures! Love Ya Holli

angela said...

Ashley,

Congratulations on getting your boys. Good luck in healing and getting up and about. Angela

Eldredge greatness said...

HELLO! I just updated my blog and went private.. I love your blog and want to be a part of it. so thank you for commenting and finding me! Hey, can't wait to see those beautiful baby boys. You are a great mom already. I've always looked up to you. Hang in there, these last few weeks get the best of me every time! and you are doing two in one! ahhh!!!! ultra mom! whoo whooop! i love you CONGRATULATIONS!!!