Saturday, September 13, 2008

our dr. appt.

So we had our "emergency" doctor appointment on Friday from all of the contractions. I still wasn't dilated & my test for pre-term labor in the next week came back negative. So the doctor said he thinks this is just how my body is dealing with the twins. He said everyone's body is different and apparently I am going to have the real contractions as my body gets ready. But if they change in any way I am to get my but to the hospital! He wants to monitor me more closely and see me every week. I am on bed rest. Which he said not recliner rest, not sofa rest, but literally in bed on my side! But thankfully as long as I stay in bed all day long I can still do 1 small activity a day. Like scrapbook night, mutual, low key girls night, go to church, etc...

And apparently the meds he could give me, like the terbutaline (shot or pill kind), only last for 30 mins so he said they are pointless. Which now makes sense since both times I started having contractions around 1 hour after I received the shot!

And the biggest news to me...he said he just wanted to keep them in there for 3 more weeks! Oh my gosh! That is so soon! I feel so unorganized & not ready at all!!! So...now it's crunch time to get ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Erika said...

Glad things are going well...good luck with your 3 more weeks (and laying in bed..read some good books )...I am down to about 1 1/2 weeks and I'm getting worried~ aaack, I need to wash all the clothes and blankets, pack my bag, clean the whole house (which I've already done...but 3 kids later=more mess). I have put up the cradle, washed the car seat cover and swing cover and bought batteries and washed some clothes...so I am getting there. Hang in there!

Heather said...

there is no crunch time for you to get things ready...you are on bed rest missy!!! keep those little boys in there!! besides, they'll never even know the nursery wasn't completely done. like i said, all they'll need is milk, diapers and lots of love and sleep!! ;)

i'm thinking and praying for all of you. and i'm not joking, i will come out and stay with you. i know you would never want to ask, but puhhhhhlease, after six years of friendship, i think we're past the point of being inconvinienced for one another =) i can be out there in four hours tops...i drive fast =)

i love you and you guys are in my thoughts!!

Mandy said...

Sounds like you had a pretty eventful week! WOW! Let me know if you ever need another ride, we don't do too much around here. I can't believe we will see these boys soon! How fun! Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Time is ticking away!=) Each day you keep those baby boys in there is a day closer to when you get to meet them!=) I'm so exctied!!! You're doing a great job taking care of yourself and your babies!!!
Amy