Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day

This year was my first "official" Mother's Day.

We went to church & were blessed to hear some beautiful talks on motherhood. I also got a special treat from church honoring all mothers & future mothers (18 & over)...

Our Mothers...4 Generations...


It was a great day spent with all 4 of my boys & then the greatest present of all...a video made by Daddy from all the boys!

If you would like to see it, here it is...

WARNING: WATCH WITH CAUTION IF YOU GET SICK EASILY...C-SECTION PICS OF BOTH BOYS COMING OUT...(also pause the music in the upper right (bottom of the circle), so you can hear the music in the video!) :)

Enjoy!


And a beautiful poem one of my best friends sent me to celebrate motherhood...

Before I was a Mom, I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom, I had never been puked on. Pooped on. Chewed on. Peed on. I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts. I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom, I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests. Or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom, I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.! I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom, I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.. I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom, I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay. I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom .

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

5 comments:

Erika said...

Happy Mother's Day! The video was sweet!!

Johnstons said...

Happy (belated) Mommy's Day Ash! I couldn't get the video to work for me (I'll try again later), but that poem made me cry... sigh.

Eldredge greatness said...

oh..... isnt this the truth. Ashley, how are you? I absolutely LOVED the video. You really are doing the biggest job right now. Its is not easy raising two little babies. even though its sooo much fun. Way to go. I look up to you so much. You are positive and strong. Yes, thats the word. Strong. How are you Ashley?

crazy said...

Fantastic Mothers Day for you. Being a mom when they are babies is fun.

amyk said...

Oh my...that video made me cry! What a sweet tribute to you! YOU ROCK, ASH!!! You constantly amaze me!! I'm so happy you were able to celebrate your first "official" Mother's Day! :) Love you, girl!