Monday, March 9, 2009

Teething...times 2!


So I never really thought about the whole teething thing...times two. I would think about it individually but never about them teething at the same time. I knew something was up because all last week Kody & Kyle were extremely needy. They had to see me at all times or they would cry and they both wanted to be held as much as possible. Luckily my parents would come by for a few hours in the afternoon to help out so I could pump, eat and do a load of laundry or something else that was desperately needed. Well...Thursday & Friday it all got worse...lots of crying (different cries than normal & very loud!), grabbing at their mouths (even leaving marks!), tons of drooling, and no more sleeping through the night (days after I was able to figure out what to do to get Kody to finally start sleeping through the night). Thankfully Kevin came home Friday and was able to lend me a hand...but this week should be interesting...no Kevin & no parents to aide!!!

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for the teeth to come through? or the pain to stop???

8 comments:

Marcie said...

Poor babies. I wish I could help you out, but I have NO clue what to do when it comes to babies. That's probably why I don't have any yet. :o) I hope they start feeling better soon. They always seem like they are in SOOO much pain when they are teething.

I saw the comment you left me about my Grandpa, and how we tore up all of his cigs that one day. That is so funny, I totally forgot about that. I even brougt it up to my mom, and she just smiled and rolled her eyes. I still can't believe we did that. It was pretty scary when he "needed to have a talk" with me. YIKES!! Luckily he didn't get that mad.

Well, I hope everything goes well with the whole teething process. Keep us all updated.

Brandon and Maritza Godfrey said...

I know how you feel. It's so miserable when they start to teeth but for you it's twice the pain. when I had Jazmin the doctor told me to get some benadryl (children's), put some on my finger and then rub (massage) their gums with your finger. The benadryl is a antihistamine so it helps with the itchiness and pain. Try that and see if it works. It has worked for my kids. Sorry to tell you this but teething can last a couple of months. It just depends on when that tooth decides to pop through. Hope that helps

Erika said...

You can try the tooth numbing stuff for babies that you get at the store, and/or teething rings. They have ones you put in the fridge so they can gnaw on something cold. And like the above commenter said, sometimes it takes months...sorry! And good luck!

The Good Life said...

Paige didn't really complain about her teeth except for the first one. I think after they understand what the pain is and that it goes away that they get used to it. My doctor recommended frozen wash cloths to chew on and tylenol. Good luck this week flying solo. I hope we see each other when I'm there. I want to meet your boys and see you of course.

Josh and Megan said...

Ashley, I will never forget how amazing of a friend you were around my wedding! I wish I could be there for you to help with the craziness of twins. Miss you...too bad we all couldn't live closer! I don't know how you handle 2 babies by yourself! I cry if Josh is even a little late coming home, and I only have one. YOU ARE AWESOME...can't wait to see the 6 month pics...6 months...can't believe it!

crazy said...

Life doesn't get any better. I hope you are getting some rest and relaxation sometime in between all the joys of motherhood. Tammi

Candi said...

Hi..it was good to see you at church. Sorry I did't even get a chance to talk to you. We were late as usual...can't get anywhere on time!

aliciamae100 said...

I never thought about that either - I'm sure my sister and I chewed on each other a ton... You have to post a pic when the first teeth pop through!