Friday, May 30, 2008

The wait is finally over!!!

So we had our 18 week appointment today at the perinatal doctors. We had our ultrasound and they measured limbs & organs. All seem to be perfect! It was the coolest thing to watch the heart beating and the chambers of the heart.

Each baby weighed in at 8 oz. which she said was perfect. Baby A's heartbeat was 125b.p.m., and Baby B's heartbeat was 133b.p.m. Each Baby had its hand or thumb in it's mouth more than once. Baby B, who has always been our active one, opened its mouth and appeared to be shoving its hand in its mouth...

We are excited to announce... 2 little boys will be joining our family!!! We could not be happier! Now, it is on to the names...It will be Kyle, and either Kasey, Kody or Kris...what do you guys think?

The babies are actually in an interesting position too. Baby A's head is south, and feet are north, while Baby B's going east & west! Baby's B's head is on my right and feet are on my left. They basically form a "T", which we thought was pretty cute since our last name starts with a "T". We say they are just representing the Townsend Boys already with our Monogram! :)

Photobucket

Here are some pics of our beautiful & healthy baby boys!!!





Photobucket

14 comments:

The AZ Gearharts said...

yeah Ashley that's so exciting!!!! I'm so I checked tonight!!! Now I don't have to wait till Sunday to hear!!! Congrats...just think of all the little boys that are going to be around! How fun!

Erika said...

So fun, it's definitely the year of the boys!! We need some good strong ones! Love the pics, and glad they are healthy!!! I like the names too, but am no help deciding...it's tough!

Jessett said...

That is such exciting news. We are so excited for you guys. Cant wait to meet the little guys..

I love the name Kyle and I love the name Kody too. I think Kyle and Kody. Well, Kasey is cute too. I dont know.. Its a tough one.

Congrats mommy and daddy to be.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ASHLEY! I am so EXCITED! Now we know.. Take care, Tammi A

Tom and Nan said...

Congratulations on BOYS!! We're so excited for you.

Josh and Megan said...

Boys! How fun! I like the name Kyle, and my next top pick would be Kody...my sister has a Cody, one of the cutest boys ever...I also love the name Corbin latley, which you could do with a "K" I see the pattern you've got going on! Did you do anything to celebrate, like go shopping for little boy clothes?

Kelly Nielson said...

Congratulations! I love those 3-D ultrasound pictures! We changed our blog to nielsonkd@blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Two boys....you are so lucky! I am so happy to see that you guys are so happy! We miss seeing you guys! I will be checking back often to see how your pregnancy is going!

Adrienne said...

Congrats! That is such wonderful news. You're going to be the best parents. It will be worth the wait :). So glad I found your blog.

Nana and Grandpa Neilson said...

Whew! It took me a while to figure out how to contact you! I found your blogspot through Jessett's. CONGRATULATIONS on the twins!!! Whoo hoo!!!
We are talking about having a shower for you, so start thinking of a date and register and everything!!
Did you know Shannon and Robert are moving out your way eventually? They are starting a business in Glendale.
email me @ Cygnant22@cox.net.
We are SO excited for you!
xo

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! I'm SOOOO excited for you! What wonderful news!! I'm doing the happy dance for you guys!=) WOOHOO!!!! I love all of your name choices. Love, Amy K.

Warner said...

hey.. so glad to find your blog! i was just down in california and saw your grandma.... my mom said you were having a shower down there... to bad it wasn't while i was down there.. would have loved to see you! congrats on twins... so much fun! well i will keep checking for updates :) Laura (grigoruk) warner

Newton Party of FIVE. said...

I'm SOO excited for you guys to be having twin BOYS! That is VERY exciting!!!

I always remember you talking about having twins when we were younger, ahh that is soo cute that your dream has come true!
Can't wait to see the lil guys!

Josh and Megan said...

Where have you been? We need an update! Let's see a pregnancy profile pic!